Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Running Princess

I think I want to do something crazy.  I think I want to participate in Disney's 2012 Princess Half Marathon.

Shocked? 

I am but I really want to do this for ME.

I've thought about doing Disney Race Events before but mostly thinking I should stick to the 5Ks.  I got to thinking this morning on my walk (2nd morning in a row) that even if I don't finish all 13.1 miles, just starting it is an accomplishment.  Two years ago at this time, I could barely walk from Epcot's World Showcase to the parking lot without taking a break and now I walk and move around so much easier.  I am going to give it a try. I thought about training for 2011 last year but put it off due to wanting to have a baby.  I'm sick of putting things off due to having a baby, when it happens, it happens.  I need to live my life without thinking about that.  It's holding me back.  If I happen to get pregnant and my doctor doesn't want me to participate then I won't.  If I don't get pregnant than I will have this amazing accomplishment that I did for me, myself and I.

I am still figuring out the finances, especially with Marc & I's trip in January but it's months away so hopefully I could save up the money. 

Here is the official site, registration is open.

I have lots of questions and thoughts and here they are in bullet form.

*I know some banders participated in this last year, I can't remember who.  Does anyone have links?  I'd love to read about it if they blogged about it.

*What other banders out there are thinking of participating?  I'd love if it if I knew some of my fellow banders were trying this out there along with me and BONUS we could meet up!

*I have lots of ideas for my costume, because YES you can wear a costume.

*You get a real live medal when you finish!

*I might be looking to split a room with someone, not sure yet.  I don't know if we can swing Marc & I both going financially.  I'd really love to have Marc or my Mom there cheering me on as I completed this awesome feat but I don't know if it will work out.  Another one of my friends is interested in going with me but we are not 100% sure.

I'm all bubbly and anxious about making this a reality.  I think I am a teeny bit crazy but maybe something like this is the push I need to keep my butt moving in the right direction.

6 comments:

Cat said...

I'm so excited for you!! And good for you getting your walking in. So proud!

Beth Ann said...

If I weren't going to the Olympics next year, I would TOTALLY do this with you!! How awesome, Leslie!!

MandaPanda said...

I think this is such a wonderful idea! I would totally do it with you if I could afford to go, which I can't. Maybe 2013? There are a couple bandsters who did it this year...can't remember who they are. I'll put a shout out for them on my blog too so they can reach out to you. Go get 'em!

Andrea said...

Good for you! I think this is a great goal! I wish I could go with you!

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Not shocked at all - you can totally do this!

Stephanie M. said...

I am very, very seriously considering doing this. My only concern is the time. You have to maintain a 16 minute mile for the entire course...so far I have not managed that for more than 3 miles. I think it would take a lot of hard work...but I'm thinking about it.