Tuesday, July 26, 2011

New Challenge & Fill...?

I'm quitting the 5/50 Challenge and starting a new one.  I think with all the drama and bad news I've been having my heart is just not in the 5/50 Challenge anymore and I want to SUCCEED so I'm starting a new one.  You can just call me quitter.  :)

As you may know, I am huge fan of Disney.  Call me addicted, call me childish, call me what you want but Disney makes me happy.  I am going to theme this challenge to Marc & I's Disney trip in January which is in 173 days. 

I'm using my weigh in on Sunday to start this challenge, 331.7lbs.  My official weigh in day will be on Sundays.  I'm still going to take pictures each week and I haven't figured out an exercise goal yet but when I do I will post about it.  Marc isn't joining me on this challenge because he said "You are motivated, I automatically do better."  Okay then! 

My goal is to lose 60lbs before we leave on our trip on 1/15/12.
To help keep me motivated Marc has agreed to set aside $2 per lb that I lose for spending money on the trip.  If I hit the 60lbs lost before 2011 ends then I will get a $50 bonus.  That is a lot of monies!  I will get all that money for our trip to spend on whatever my little heart desires.  If I lose more than 60lbs then I will get $2 for those lbs too.

The catch is if I don't hit the 60lbs lost before our trip then Marc gets to have the money to spend on whatever he wants, he said he will torture me with a new techy gadget or something else that I think is completely frivolous.  Trust me, the thought motivates me.

Marc & I are doing a real budget trip for January and we are really keeping an eye on our expenses and right now we have nothing set aside for spending money.  We were just going to see how our finances are when we left.  I usually don't buy too much but I like having some money for purchases.  I'd really like to fit into some of the shirts they fit into the park, I have never bought one before and I want too!

So what am I calling this challenge?  I have my friend to thank for the title.

SupercalifragilisticLeslie'sThinadocious Disney Challenge.

I love it.  Mary Poppins is one of my all time favorite Disney movies so it is "practically perfect" in every way.

Thank you for all your supportive comments yesterday!  I am happy to report that I did NOT venture to the snack machine and made it home to eat a nice yummy dinner.  I was proud of myself and sometimes just having a really good day like that empowers me to make better choices and get back on track.  I was bad and weighed myself this morning and the scale has started to move back down.  I'm putting that darn scale away until Sunday now that I have the motivation back again.

I'm also debating on getting a teeny fill.  My hunger shouldn't have been as bad yesterday as it was, I know that my body is detoxing from the junk but I need to get back to bander basics and I think a fill might help me with that.  I just want a teeny one to start, like 1/2 cc or something like that.  I know I was too tight when I was unfilled (defilled? whatevs!) back in February and I don't want to go back to that too tight space, it is not fun.

For instance, for breakfast this morning at 8AM I had a lemon greek yogurt and 1/2 cup of Kashi GoLean Crunch and by 10:30 I was freaking starving.  I just ate my snack of chive cottage cheese (can't remember if it's a cup or 1/2 cup, I know it's the serving that is on the container) and a serving of sunflower seeds.  I think the greek yogurt and Kashi should have held me longer than 2 1/2 hours. 

I'm scared to get a fill after February and not being able to hold even water down.  What do you all think?

10 comments:

Dawnya said...

I'm glad you are motivated. Marc is a great supporter. Youa re going to kick butt on this challenge. You can do it. Just hink of that shirt.

Actually don't think of them. Print them out...and place them on your mirror in the bathroom...so that you see it everyday. Motivation baby!!!

MandaPanda said...

I like Dawnya's idea. Plaster pics of the stuff you want to buy all over...the fridge, the bathroom, the bottom of your computer monitor... it'll keep your reward and goal in mind.

Honestly, I think you could do with a fill. I've never been too tight so I'm just going off what I've seen in these blogs but sometimes your body just isn't ready for a particular fill level at a particular time. I think if the doc puts half of what he took out back in...then you may be in a good place. You have the band for a reason...use it!

Glad to see you getting back on the wagon and starting a new challenge...fresh challenge, fresh perspective. You can do it!

Beth Ann said...

Do you watch that show Extreme Makeover: Weightloss Edition? I love it! I noticed that the first 3 months, they all do so well and meet their goals. But in the 2nd 3 months or 3rd 3 months, they just fall apart and go back into old habits. I think that is just natural most of us do that at one point or another.

But then they all dig in and do better. It is obviously work and they have to give up things in order to reach that goal. It is the same with us. We don't WANT to keep giving up stuff, so we stop. Then we don't get the results we want, so we get upset and we eat. Cycle commenced.

This is me to a T. In fact, I had talked myself out of walking at lunch because I didn't want to. Now I realize that I HAVE to. I can't keep making concessions to myself if I want to reach my goals.

You are inspiring me to be better. I hope that we can help inspire you to your goals too!! You are precious!!

Amanda said...

I love the you are challenging yourself with the money for vacation!! You guys are so flippin cute!

So a fill might be a good thing too! I've been thinking of one too but I am so tight this week! I think it is the heat!

Andrea said...

I think this sounds like a great plan and I love the challenge name!

Cat said...

I freaking love Mary Poppins! I think your challenge name is absolutely spot on.

I also have to agree with Beth Ann, we need to remember during our challenges that there is a reason why they are called challenges and we need to keep challenging ourselves to dig deeper and get done what we set out to do. I know you can do this, you are so worth it. Please think of that extra spending money you'll have at Disney when you get there. It's going to be SO worth it. And seriously, how ticked will you be watching Marc drool over his new techie toy? Hee hee. You can do this darlin!

Amanda Kiska said...

Great challenge idea!

I think you should base your fill criteria on how long you stay full after eating solids. I would consider greek yogurt a slider and therefore not the best food to use as determination. In general I'm seldom hungry at all so you may need a fill if you are regularly feeling hunger. Keep us posted!

Rhonda said...

You can do it, sweetness. :) I think maybe if you wouldn't put a weight limit on it maybe you'd be less overwhelmed! Maybe just say, whatever I lose, I'll get $2 for every pound lost.

I mean, the whole "giving Marc the money if you don't make it" thing doesn't work that way, but maybe that's for the best. ;)

BWoz said...

I obviously think this is fantastic...and that challenge name...LOVE IT! :)

Anonymous said...

Love the Challenge name, Sweetie. It is super creative.
You can do this and I am so glad you have such a wonderful support system in your husband.