I need a little fun this week, so I'm doing Drazil's BYOC.
It's Friday so that means it's BYOC - Bring Your Own Crazy! We answer questions today in an effort to get to know each other better and to give our blogging brains a break. Copy and paste to your own blog if you so desire...and ENJOY!
1. Let's do something crazy....I'm going to list the rainbow colors and you type the first FOOD item that pops into your head that symbolizes that color for you...
Red - Apple
Orange - Popciscle
Yellow - Corn
Green - Peas
Blue - M&Ms
Purple - Cabbage
Brown - Rice
Black - Licorice, I hate black licorice I don't know why this popped into my head.
2. What is on your kitchen table right now?
You mean my dumping ground? Let's see, library books, reusable grocery bags, at least three notebooks filled with various lists and notes, I'm totally addicted to lists, reciepts, if I had to guess probably one of my cats but since I'm at work that is a guess and a book that I ordered from Amazon UK that I haven't read yet. We obviously don't eat at our kitchen table....
3. What movie do you watch again and again and again? Not like what movie have you seen 5 times...but like what movie have you seen 30 times or more?
I actually have a lot of these because I watch a movie and become completely addicted to it and have to watch it compulsively.
I would say my top three are as follows:
Sex and the City: The Movie (the first one naturally)
Julie & Julia
Little Women with Winona Ryder
4. If Satan had a last name - what would it be?
Hitler.
5. Repeat Question: Summarize you week in blogland and in real life.
Blogland was good this week, I had amazing support when I felt like I was falling apart, it never amazes me how much the support of my fellow bloggers means to me.
Real Life sucked hairy monkey balls this week. I had all those doctor appointments on Monday, Sully had an emergency vet appointment, the AC in my car broke and then my computer screen broke. Just a lot going on and while none of it was life or death it totally threw me for a few days. I am feeling better now though and I am fully committed to getting back on track this weekend.

6 comments:
Damn, I should have thought of Julie & Julia!
Hi Leslie,
I met you on the Dis board, I am Mickey'sMainMami (Suzie), and I had messaged you asking bout your lapband. I have been following your blog, but this is my first post. I thought I had to join online or something which is why I didn't post before.
I just wanted to say that anyone including me who has ever struggled with their weight knows exactly what you are going through and you are not alone. I think you are a doing a great job you have worked really hard and you look fantastic! I see the struggle that you go through everyday and am glad that you are still trying! A lot of people give up or go back to old habits but you are still kicking butt and taking names! You have completely changed the way you think and look at food, I can see that. In the past you probably wouldn't have had a second thought about what you eat or the calories, but I see that now you do. In the past, I am sure you didn't exercise as much, but now look how much you are now, you are working it! It is always going to be a struggle, but you are doing great so far!! Relax, try not to stress so much, enjoy your life 100 pounds lighter, be thankful to yourself everyday for that, because you did it, yes the band helped a litte, but you had to be the one to make the choices to eat healthier and work out more!! Never forget that, YOU did it, no one else, You!! so keep trying to make the healthy choice, treat yourself once in a while, keep up your exercise and you will see you will start loosing again.
We all know the viscious cycle, we had a bad day, so we eat something bad, then we feel guilty that we just ate something bad, so we figured we already blew it so I might as well eat more. It all started with stress so try to relax and any time you are having a bad moment, be proud of how far you have come. A 100 punds lost is nothing to blow off! That is awesome and you should feel very, very proud of yourself, you absolutely 100% deserve it!!! You may not realize how much of an inspiration you are to others, but for someone who is at the start of their weight loss journey, you are someone I am looking up to.
I have decided to have the gastric sleeve done. I have a really great surgeon who really thinks it will work for me. I am scared and excited and hopefully looking at a surgery date of the second week of September. I am really excited about joining this fight with you. I hope it's ok if I still post on here even though you are banded and I am getting something different.
Keep up the fight chica, you are doing great and I look forward to more posts! (also can't wait to hear about your plans for your Disney trip, I am going to wait until next September to go back when I am thin!)
Suzie,
Thank you so so so SO much for your sweet comments on my blog. They really mean a lot and thank you for reminding me that 100lbs lost is nothing to be upset about. I think I am too hard on myself and that I need to appreciate how far I have come more.
I am so excited that you are getting the sleeve, I'm glad you have found a surgeon that you like, I think that is very important! And of course you can still post on here even if you are not getting the band! Some bloggers have the band, some don't and some have had gastric bypass or the sleeve. It's all about supporting each other.
Please let me know your email address, I'd love to be able to email with you. I'm going to send you this as a message on my blog and on the DIS. :goodvibes
My email is lalliepoppins@gmail.com
Leslie
wow crazy week! im glad you are getting back into the groove. I hope your kitty feels better :)
So glad you're feeling better dear. Also I have to agree with that cats on the table. Before we lost our Domino, she could often be found on the table. :) Hee hee.
How could I have forgotten CORN? Love corn. Glad things are getting a little better for you, sweetie!!
Post a Comment