I dutifully stepped on the scale this morning and was not happy with the number that greeted me but I'm not letting it get me down.
Are you ready for this?
328lbs!!!
Can you say what the )(#$*@_#95432075_!)(##@$(#@_)(#@_!??????!!!!!
I did. Then I realized that I am bloated more than a Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade balloon and it's that lovely time of the month so this is fake weight gain. I almost wasn't going to blog about it or email my weight to Gilly but I decided to be honest. That's 11lbs over what I started the 5/50 Challenge at and about 8lbs over what I started the Back to Basics Challenge. Sigh.
I'm not letting this get me down. I have decided that I must must must start logging my calories again and that I'm going to shoot for 90 minutes of exercise EACH day. I'm talking 90 minutes of pure physical activity. I need to cut the shit. I'm sick of myself not doing the weight loss thing. I have a friend on the Disney message boards that I go on and she had the gastric bypass last year and she has lost 150lbs in exactly one year, yes I know they are different but almost 2 years out of surgery I should be way lower than I am.
I will weigh less than 300lbs by September 3.
I will weigh less than 260lbs by the time I go to Disney in January.
I will weigh less than 200lbs by September 3, 2012.
Those are my goals and I want to achieve them and I will achieve them. I have to believe in myself.
Mini-Goals for the Week.
*Pack my lunch everyday for work
*When I feel like stress eating, crochet, blog or go out for a walk
*650 minutes of exercise Monday - Sunday
*Believe that next Sunday that the scale will be significantly lower

7 comments:
Great goals - you can do this!
I am with you on the logging. To me it helps me to be so accountable!!
I think if you start tracking your calories diligently and drinking a whole bunch of water, at least 100 oz a day, you will see a drastic reduction in weight even before you add exercise into the mix. I use Myfitnesspal.com to keep me accountable, on my computer and on my phone. You can do it!
damn 650mins! that's a great goal! now I just have to catch up to that :)
I need to commit to a new exercise regime, too. We can do this, Leslie!
You can do this, stay strong and positive. I have to track my food, water and work outs daily. It helps hold me accountable so I don't slip up. I use myfitnesspal.com, it's a free site and I love it. 650 minutes in one week is insane girl! I do roughly 150-200 minutes in a week, I know I could work out more but I atleast get something in is better than nothing.
You can do this, Leslie! If you ever need some motivation, email me! Or I will even give you my phone number and you can text me. I have found that if I text someone the issue (ex. I just ate a dozen cookies, but tell me that is no excuse to not make healthy choices the rest of the day. OR I'm about to eat a Ding Dong that I don't even really want.) I don't even usually need an answer to make the better choice.
It's Back to the Basics and making each good choice one at a time. Bug hugs!!
Post a Comment