Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Bullet-y Goodness

  • I am feeling bullet-y today.
  • My appointment went SO well yesterday.
  • My doctor suspects that I have Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS).  I am having some blood work this week, Marc is being tested and then on Monday I am going for an internal ultrasound (you are so jealous, I know) and then I meet with my doctor to go over the results.  Chances are if everything checks out how she suspects she will put me on Clomid.
  • I am not upset, even with the potential PCOS diagnosis at least I have a doctor who is LISTENING to me and helping me to become pregnant.
  • My weight is a non-issue.  My last ob/gyn has many patients who switch to my new practice because of the weight issue.  There is NO hospital restriction on what weight you must be under in order to deliver.  I am angry at my old ob/gyn I have been obsessing over this for 18 months since the first time I saw her.  Stress = Emotional Eating!
  • So basically, I'm on the road to becoming pregnant and I am very happy about that.  
    Photobucket
    Sully as a kitten, 2004
    
  • Ecstatic, Elated, Jumping for Joy, I'm the Queen of the World!  All of these describe how I am feeling today.
  • Sad news from yesterday, I had to take my kitty Sully to the vet where they made me feel like Kitty Protective Services were going to barge in and rip him from my arms.  No, he's not up to date on his shots but he is an indoor cat and the picture of health until this eye thing.
  • Basically, Sully was given a shot of antibiotics that will last 14 days.  They took pictures of his eye for the dermatologist to review when he is in on Thursday and he is to be in cone 24/7. 
  • The Vet also said that if it doesn't clear up with the antibiotics, it may be an autoimmune disease which makes me scared.  I started crying when the Vet left to give him his shot.  I feel so badly.
    Photobucket
    This is usually how you find Sully
    
  • Sully has been with me for 7 1/2 years, through a marriage, divorce, an abusive relationship, moving back in with my parents, meeting Marc, moving to Massachusetts, another wedding, trying to have a baby, weight loss surgery, port relocation surgery, through all of this Sully has been with me every single day.  It will destroy me if I have to put him down or if he is seriously sick.  He is my first baby and I will always think of him as such.
  • Sully is almost like a human child, he knows when something isn't right, like when I'm upset he will come sit right in my lap and nudge my face until I start petting him and usually after a few minutes I feel much better.
  • He also freaks out if you are not home when you should be.  Sounds crazy, right?  Well if Marc is late getting home from work he meows and meows until I tell him, "Daddy will be home soon".  It's crazy but he did the same thing when I lived with my parents and they went away for the weekend.  I don't even want to know what he does when I go away for vacation.
  • I do have another cat, Ruby who I love dearly but Sully just holds a special place in my heart.  He's my kitty boy.
  • I sound like the crazy cat lady.
  • I put my engagement ring back on today, it's still too big but I miss looking at it on my hand.  I feel naked without it.  I put my wedding band on after it in hopes that it will keep it on my finger.  I'm not ready to get it resized yet.
  • I'm planning on a long walk on Saturday since this week is tough for exercise, it's super hot out when I get home from work and I'm going into work at 7 all week so not a whole of time to get in a workout.  This frustrates me.
  • I'm happy this frustrates me as it means I actually WANT to exercise.
  • I'm feeling very positive that I will get pregnant within the next year.
  • I believe that I will meet my birthday goal of being under 300lbs.
  • I'm proud of myself for switching ob/gyns and advocating for myself.
    Photobucket
    My favorite picture of my Sully Boy.
    

14 comments:

Lap Band Gal said...

OMG, love those kitty pics :) I'm a crazy cat lady too...have you seen my cat blog? yeah, i'm looney. HUGS!

Jen said...

Great post! I wish you the best of luck as I know pregnancy is a big hope for you! And good for you for finding a doc who gets it!!! While I hope you don't have PCOS, at least they can treat you for it and get you moving in the right direction!!!! I never thought I'd be pregnant but here I am two days away from giving birth to my little boy so if it can happen for me it can happen for anyone!!! I'll be wishing and praying for you and following you on this awesome journey!!!!

I'm so sorry about Sully. I feel the same about my two beats, they become your children! Thinking good thoughts for him!

Shannon said...

Thanks for being so open with us all about your pregnancy stuff. It really lets me know that I'm not alone with the same weight issue. That depressed me so much when a doc told me the same thing. We are starting to try in Nov. if i'm at a goal weight we set. How exciting if we are preggers at the same time!

Love the cat btw, my kitty is my baby too!

Cat said...

I lost my kitty in June. I miss her and am definately going to get another one within the next 6 mos. I'm going to rescue this time.

Rhonda said...

I love this. So much.

So glad you found an OB that wants to work WITH you, not against you.

And I hope Sully gets to feeling better - poor baby.

MandaPanda said...

I hope your kitty gets better soon and I'm loving the positivity in this post!

Chubby McGee said...

Sully is in my prayers. Poor kitty.

Fluffy said...

I hope Sully feels better soon!

Stephanie M. said...

Good for you on standing up for what you want and going after it! Very cute kitties.

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

We have a kitty named Sully too...I'll keep yours in my prayers. Good luck in conceiving!

Beth Ann said...

My hopes and prayers are with you, Leslie. :)

Amanda said...

Goodness I am so sorry I am just getting back to you. I got your email but yesterday I was dealing with Quickbook software issues ALL DAY!

Sounds like you have found a good doc and one that is going to help you! PCOS...I know all about it.

You are in my thoughts and prayers everyday!

Jessica said...

I am in the same boat. PCOS (boo. hiss.) I went to two different OB/GYNs in 2004-2005 that left me unsatisfied (and obviously NOT pregnant). So, I gave up. Until November of last year - I found the perfect OB/GYN (maybe I love him because he removed the basketball sized cyst that had been causing me pain for years!!
He then referred me to a specialist. I just started the process...but am already hopeful
Moral of my rambling: Never Give Up!!! Don't lose hope!!!

Andrea said...

I hope Sully gets better really soon! Prayers for you to get pregnant!