I’ve been in a funk this week. Luckily it’s not a funk in eating right and exercising. It’s a funk of a “what am I doing with my life” variety. I’m lucky in many areas of my life.
I have a super wonderful supportive husband, the most perfect husband for me.- I’m kicking butt in the weight loss area of my life and have even incorporated daily exercise which is a huge accomplishment.
- My parents are the best. Period.
- Two adorable kitties greet me at the door everyday when I get home from work.
- Our apartment is the best one we have lived in and I love it except for my slightly noisy neighbor.
- While not rich, financially we are mostly comfortable with a few ups and downs.
The funk comes down to my job and the desire to move back to
The new position is going well but it’s not perfect. I think it’s just time for me to move on to a different type of job with a different company. I’m not cut out for the environment in offices. Maybe it’s not all offices but working with all women is not my idea of a good time, it is too much for my stress level.
![]() |
| I grew up seeing this sign almost everyday. I'm probably brainwashed. |
I miss Maine . I’ve lived in Massachusetts for almost 4 years now. I moved down here to live with Marc when we were dating. It made sense at the time, my job at a newspaper was being outsourced, there were more job opportunities down in MA and Marc made decent money at his job. It’s been 4 years and I want to be closer to my family. Granted we are only 90 minutes away but with gas costs and just life getting in the way, we don’t see them nearly half as much as we would like too. Marc gets along with my parents really well and I know if we were closer we would do a lot more things with them.
I just don’t know how to make all of this happen. Moving costs a lot of money, having to pay a deposit on an apartment especially if they want 1st, last and a security deposit is a financial nightmare to me. I know we just need to bite the bullet and make a plan and make moving back to Maine a reality. Marc could potentially commute from Maine to his current job for a bit if he had trouble finding a job right away. It would only be about 15 more minutes than he commutes now so that is a comfort and he has insurance through that job so that is a huge comfort.
Then there is the super scary prospect of losing our Surgical Weight Loss Clinic. The thought of that makes me want to cry. Realistically, we could probably find insurance where they would still be in network. I also know that my nutritionist, C, would email and talk with me on the phone but it’s not the same. I also know that I’m getting to the point where I’m going to not rely on that support as much but it is still a scary thought. Our clinic has been a huge part of our lives for the last two years.
I think I need to find a part-time job. I’d really like to find a part-time job that I could do from home. I’ve done Data Entry before and I’d love to find something like that to do from home or in the evenings/weekends. Any ideas for online work or at home work? I think that if I was getting some part-time income that could go straight to a moving savings account that would make my stress level go way down and also give me a sense of purpose for our futures. If that even makes sense.
Even with all the stress and funky moods I’ve been having this week, I have NOT fallen into my old stress eating patterns or justified eating poorly.
I am so proud of myself, it's a gigantic NSV for me!
Progress is a wonderful thing!


2 comments:
Those life choices are tough ones. My hubby and I are dying to move cross country but it's just not in the cards right now. We recently moved just across town and that was expensive enough! LOL. My sister does work from home stuff with QVC or HSN (can't remember which one). She likes it, makes her own hours and the pay isn't bad...especially for the flexibility and the income is just supplemental.
Sorry for my tardiness! Big decisions are the ones worth thinking out and making. Take it step by step and you will reach your dream. You deserve to be happy, chica!!
Post a Comment