Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Frustration

I need to whine a bit.  My scale is not working with me this week.  I know that on 5/1, I weighed in at 320lbs on my scale, this morning I'm 315.4lbs, which is great....BUT yesterday I was 314.1lbs...how the heck did I gain one lb in a day?  Especially when I exercised for 2 hours and ate pretty good.

I need to stop being greedy.  I just know that in order to meet 259.4lbs by August 26th, I need to lose 3.5lbs a week.  I want to meet 150lbs lost by the Two Year Anniversary of my Band Surgery.  If I can meet that I won't feel like I wasted so much time struggling with eating and exercising.  

Sigh.

I need to get out of my head.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Amanda said...

the scales fluctuate all the time. Could be that you ate more salt and not enough water. I wouldn't sweat it. It'll be down tomorrow I feel sure!

Beth Ann said...

Yes you do need to get out of your head. Get out, missy! :) Seriously though, I 100% understand. But we all have to remember that as much as we are ruled by those numbers on the scale, the important part is that we are getting healthier and smaller, day by day.

If you don't meet your goal exactly, your head won't explode like some sort of 24 episode. But the important part is to keep striving to meet it so you eventually get there.

For the record, I'm saying this to myself as much as I'm saying it to you. You are doing awesome and I hope you recognize that as opposed to beating yourself up. Hugs, sugar!

MandaPanda said...

You need to get out of your head but maybe you also need to get off of your scale too. If you know you need to lose 3.5 lbs a week, then maybe just weigh once a week. If I weigh every day, I go nuts. The fluctuations affect my mood too much.

KMR said...

I agree with Manda, take a scale break...then come back and you'll more than likely see a positive scale movement. Good luck

gummiwormbandit.blogspot.com