I've always been a big fan of pictures and photography. My living room is full of pictures hanging on the walls.
Even at my heaviest I had pictures of myself on the walls, I didn't love all of them but I like looking at the pictures and remembering the good times. Marc & I even both have a double frame each on our living room wall, one with a before picture and one with an after picture. I look at those pictures everyday and give thanks to our bands.
Post Band, pictures are even more important to me. They remind me from where I have come and motivate me to keep going on my harder days.
I thought I would challenge all of my fellow banders to show me the picture love.
I want to see the picture from before banding that makes you cringe yet inspires you to keep up the hard work, to drive past that McDonald's when you want a Big Mac like nothing else and to get out of bed to exercise in the morning. Then I want to see the picture that puts a smile on your face, that you proudly look at and think, "Wow. That's me."
In all fairness, here are my pictures.
Cringe Worthy. May 16, 2009.
This picture makes me want to puke. It is also the picture that made me realize just how out of control my weight had gotten. This picture was taken about 2 weeks before I called to make my first weight loss surgery appointment. Even though I hate it, I keep it around. It was a turning point in my life.
Proud Picture. January 25, 2011.
This picture is far from perfect (Hello fat stomach roll!) but I love it. It shows me how far I have come. I've got a sassy pants pose going on and you can just tell that I'm happy and not ashamed of myself. Plus, it's a full body shot. I barely have any full body shot photos that I haven't cropped my fat stomach out of. But I'm not going to do that with this one, it's posted for all to see and I'm proud of that.
Now it's YOUR turn.
Post away!
I want to see and if you do post and I'm not following please leave a link in the comments so I can see your picture love. I want to see how many banders we can get to share the picture love so please please please share this on your blog!


4 comments:
Good post! I'll have to dig around when I get home! I'm at work for a couple of hours this morn!
I wish I hadn't destroyed so many of mine. I have been asking my surgery center for a copy of my official before pics. Hope I get them soon.
You look great!
I have barely any full body before shots, that makes me sad. :(
I LOVE pre/post pictures!! Even though my early one make me want to puke too, I get so happy when I see them compared to now. And I post them proudly on my blog. You look so great and so happy!
Post a Comment