Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Detox

I must detox myself off of take-out food YET AGAIN. 

Bah.  It is so frustrating to me even 18 months after surgery that I can't be trusted with take-out.  I had been doing so well, over 2 weeks without and then I cave and have it and now it is all I want.  I have spent most of my day obsessing over the chicken fingers from Longhorn Steakhouse.  I looked up the calories to help curb my craving (748 for just the chicken fingers in case you were wondering) and that is not even helping. 

I refuse to cave in though so I'm posting about it, that sometimes helps.

To get myself back on track I have come up with some Mini-Goals. 

*Log every little food morsel everyday on myfitnesspal.com. 
I just started using it yesterday instead of writing everything down and I love it so far.  You can even track exercise which I love. 
*Blog food log totals everyday. 
I need some accountability and if I know the whole blog world is going to be looking at it that will help me behave. 
head on straight cartoon Pictures, Images and Photos*Exercise every Friday, Saturday, Sunday & Monday for at least 45 minutes. 
I have not been to the gym since last Tuesday.  Bad Leslie.
*Dig out my Yoga DVD. 
I've been wanting to do this for about 2 weeks.  I bought it right after my surgery and I just felt defeated by it so I want to dig it out and try again.  I think it would help me handle stress better.  I am going to do the DVD by the end of this weekend.

My scale has to start moving down, I just need to detox and get my head on straight again.

8 comments:

Shannon said...

I hate fast food! It is my downfall as well. I hate the couple of days after when all you want is the nastyness. I find now that alot of the food isnt even that tasty anymore, but it goes in anyway.

Good luck with the yoga. It kicks my butt on a regular basis! I have a DVD too.

Amanda said...

Leslie...do you need a fill? Honestly I can still eat some fast food but man is it hard. I can't get through 3 chicken fingers. You can allow yourself some fast food just limit the amount, right??

You are super creative and I think you should MAKE some super yummy chicken tenders!

I wish you were closer to craft with!

adorkbl said...

Try www.fatsecret.com for logging your food. They have a GREAT free ap for phones that syncs with the website online. It has SOOOO many foods in the database, including restaurants. LOVE that site.

Beth Ann said...

I LOVE a good plan! :) I have those same nasty cravings that just won't go away, but mine are for Chipotle & Razzoo's. Ugh!!

I just started back with morning yoga. I think it gives me more energy throughout the day. Good luck!!

nikki said...

You'll persevere, I know it. Your game plan is awesome and I know you'll kick the icky take-out cravings in the arse! With the Realize Band, do you not you realizemysuccess.com? My surgeon's office makes us, lol. I've used it since Day 1 and can't live w/o it. You track food, activity, water, vitamins, weight loss, inches, pictures, etc.....

Leslie said...

@ Shannon - If I can stop myself from thinking about it then I can avoid it but in a moment of weakness if I allow myself to start thinking then I can obsess over it for days. It is so hard!

@Amanda - even with my band being SUPER tight, if I want that fried food, I will eat it. Classic eating around the band syndrome. I wish we could craft together too! I still have so much to do for Marc's party and it's in 2 weeks!

@adorkbl - I'm impressed with what myfitnesspal has so far but I will check out your site too.

@ BethAnn - Chipotle isn't the worst craving you could have but it takes up most of your calories for the day. Blah, it's so hard!

@Nikki - I have never used realizemysuccess.com. I find the realize website not easy to navigate and I just don't like it. That is awesome that you have a place to track everything though.

Anonymous said...

Hey Leslie, just keep that goal in mind for Memorial weekend :-) maybe make some little reminders (cute cards etc) to keep in the car, on the fridge and around to remind you :-)
Good luck with your plan, you've come so far we all know you can do it :-)

Rhonda said...

You can do it, lady. You're the master of your destiny! :)