Monday, March 28, 2011

Bunch of Random Thoughts

62 days until Memorial Day, how is everyone doing with their personal Memorial day goals? 

I'm doing very well.  I weighed in at 313.8lbs this morning.  Which means I'm only 4.4lbs away from 100lbs lost!  I can't wait to reach that very important milestone.  For my Motivation for Memorial Day goal, I'm 25.8lbs away.  I can so do it!

I also kicked butt at the gym this weekend.  According to my spiffy new calorie watch, during my 63 minute workout yesterday I burnt (burned? I dont' know what the right term is.  Both sound weird)1107 calories.  I have no idea how accurate this little doohickey is but it makes me feel good so I will continue to wear it even though it's super ugly.  I have held myself to my workout schedule going Friday, Saturday & Sunday.  I also am going today after work.  I think I might have to modify it a bit some weeks to accommodate my crazy work/school/internship schedule but I do promise myself that I will go 4x's a week for at least 45mins each time. 

The track at my gym really keeps me motivated.  I don't like it when people pass me so that makes me keep pushing myself to walk faster.  My competitiveness is out of control so I'm going to use it to my advantage working out.  I push myself much harder on the track than I do the treadmill which I like.

I'm starting to view my time at the gym as a time out from life which I completely need, I try not to think about the stressful things in my life or if I do, I try to just think about it and keep calm and usually I can come up with a solution or a different way of looking at it.  Just call me Rafiki.

My calorie totals for the weekend were good.  About 1500ish on Saturday which is over my 1200 but hey, it wasn't 2500.  I had lobster for dinner that night which is super low on calories which I love and I did something crazy good for myself.  I didn't put butter on my lobster and you know what!?!  It was still delightful and delicious.  Yay for saving myself a boat load of calories!

Yesterday was about 1700 which I was a little upset with but after my super awesome workout I am not going to beat myself up about it.  I did eat a wonderfully delicious grilled cheese sandwich with ham.  Oh my goodness, I wish I could eat one everyday.  I think I might allow myself a little more calories on the weekends if I need them and not feel guilty about them.

Do you all find that even though we eat less quantities of food now that you enjoy the quality of your food more?  I find myself buying tastier food lately instead of eating junk.  If I'm only going to eat around 1200 calories I want to make sure it taste good.  Does that make any sense?

One last thing, if you could please vote for me again!  You can vote once a day and I'd really love to not come in last place.  LOL!

4 comments:

adorkbl said...

I also have started to think of my gym time as a time out time. I am starting to actually enjoy it. Especially my classes with my trainer. I look forward to working out with fellow WLS buddies.

MandaPanda said...

My gym time is a break from the kids and hubby and work and all the other things I worry about all the time. It's really helping me deal with stress.

I'm with you on the yummy thing too. If I'm going to limit what goes in my mouth, it better be delicious!

Dawnya said...

You are so going to meet your Memorial Day goal. Then here comes baby!! I'm so proud of you Leslie. Keep up the good work.

Rhonda said...

Woohoo! :) What day did we all vote you'd get to 100 lbs lost at? I think I might WIN!