First off, I got the new job!!! Yayayayayaya! I am very excited and I will start my new position on April 18th. I think this is going to be a positive change for me, I think it will be less stressful and in a lower key environment which I desperately need. Yay!
So for a week I did great on logging my food, accounting for every little morsel that went into my mouth. Don't get me wrong, I'm still logging but it started to go downhill on Wednesday with the Reese Pieces, then yesterday with a package of Twizzlers (240 calories, ridiculous!) and then take-out last night at Longhorn Steakhouse to the tune of 2,420 calories JUST FOR DINNER. *Puke*
I am back on the wagon today. I think my biggest problem is the carb intake and I know that is a hot topic in blog land right now with lots of people trying Atkins, it makes me want to try it again but I am very nasty person without carbs. It's downright scary. I think I'm going to really focus on staying at the 120 carbs a day that my nutritionist suggested.My biggest challenge this weekend is going to be avoiding candy. I have a gigantic craving for it. I want those delicious Haribo Raspberry candies. Mmmmmm. I love them and they sell them at Target. I look at them everytime I go. Sigh. Part of me just wants to work them into my calories this weekend and get the craving out of my system, the other part says to keep resisting. Only time will tell.
I'm just frustrated with myself, I was 2.2lbs away from losing 100lbs this week and today I'm back up to 314.4lbs which means I'm exactly 5lbs away from 100lbs lost. I really want to reach that milestone by next Thursday at my next appointment with my nutritionist.
The plan was to go to the gym today but up here in New England we are experiencing SNOW. Yep, on freaking April 1st. It is so unfair. It depends how the weather is when I get out of work at 2PM. If stays this way then I should be able to get there no problem. I just have to wait and see.
I've been working on a list of long term goals for myself and I'm going to finish fine tuning them and share them with this weekend. Even with the dismal few days I've had eating, for the first time since my surgery, I actually feel like I can get under 200lbs. It's a very empowering feeling and I can't wait to actually reach my ultimate weight goal.
Happy Friday Everyone!

5 comments:
I can promise ONLY to do no carbs for a week!
I am not a huge card-a-holic like a lot. I sometimes get only about 75 in. But some days way over! I can do anything for a week!
Congrats on your new job. You must be happy and proud! You will get there with your goals. Not every week can be perfect. It is just doing the best you can and accepting mini goals as being enough!
Carbs are the devil. Tasty tasty devils.
Try to stick to natural sugars - fruit, starchy veggies. You'll feel better. I find eating fruit curbs my sweet tooth.
You're only 5 lbs. away from 100 lbs. down?!?!? Holy crap, Leslie! That means you've lost 95 lbs.!!!!! That is amazing! Great job!
I am all for working treats into my food plan. I'll be enjoying some chocolate tonight.
Ugh...so sorry for the Spring snow!
Post a Comment