Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Calories & Cycles

The Banders have spoken and I have listened.  Thank you all for your awesome advice and wake up call.

I think you all are right.  I think the 1200 calories for me right now is just too hard.  I start to obsess over how little I eat and just sabotage myself at night.

For the next few days I am going to eat 1500 calories.  As long as that goes well then on Monday May 2, I will move down to 1450 calories.  Depending on how it goes I may move down to 1400.  Whatever I choose for my new calorie goal I will do that for a week and then move down again on Monday May 9.  I want to eventually work myself back down to 1200 calories so it will take a few weeks depending if I move down in 50 or 100 calorie increments.   With that being said, if I reach another calorie number that works better for me then I am not going to beat myself up.  Losing weight is the goal here and I want to make it attainable. 

I believe this is the right choice for me.  I need to get myself back on track slowly and not so drastically.  Yesterday was a better day calorie wise, still not great.  I did end up having a Roast Beef sub for dinner but I didn’t eat it all and I’m okay with that. 

I got up off my butt during my lunch break yesterday and took a 13 minute walk.  According to my calorie watch I burnt 111 calories. 

Did I tell you all that Marc & I bought bikes this past weekend?  I can’t remember.  Anyways, last night Marc had finished eating dinner and I wasn’t quite done but was full so I suggested we go out for a bike ride and I would just finish my dinner when we got back.  We rode for about 30 minutes.  The bikes we have don’t have gears so it’s just one speed and the hills are a killer!  I had to walk up two hills last night because with my lungs from the pneumonia, I just couldn’t ride up them.  I think once I recover a bit more the hills will be easier.  I was bummed out because I forgot to put on my calorie watch so I had to use the calories burnt estimation on myfitnesspal.com which said 400 calories for a 30 minute bike ride but I don’t think that is right.  Oh well.  I hope to go for another ride tonight if the weather holds up so I will try to remember my calorie watch so I have a better idea. 

The best news about our bike ride last night?  By the time we got back I was no longer wanted to finish eating my dinner.  Yay!!

I have also decided to stop focusing on reached 309 and 299lbs.  They are messing with my mind.  I’m just focusing on reaching 296 by May 12 which is my next nutritionist appointment.  I think that with being so close to reaching 100lbs lost and the 200’s is just messing with my brain.  I need to stop thinking about those numbers, doing so just makes me sabotage myself and I’m sick of it. 

Tomorrow I am going to post my exercise goals for my vacation that starts at exactly 4:30PM on Friday.  Not that I’m excited or anything…hehehe!
Photobucket

4 comments:

Justawallflower said...

I like your idea of working your way down to 1200 calories, but I think a better way to do that is at maybe 10 pound increments or something like that. Your body needs so many calories at every weight, and I think that should be your focus on when to move down, and not a time frame per say. Anyway, just my opinion. You have to do what ever you need to for you to be successful! Sounds like you are really getting more focused on what you need to do though to stop the self sabotage, and that is great!

Amanda Kiska said...

I love riding bikes. I wish we lived closer so we could ride together. I can't imagine doing hills without gears though. I'd have to get off and walk too and I ride all the time.

MandaPanda said...

I think gradual increments is the way to go and I agree with Wallflower that perhaps doing it per weight is a better way to decide when to move down.

Momto4redheads said...

I use a free online program called Spark People and you can put in your goal weight (by date) and it will tell you how many calories you can eat per day to reach your goal. I think 1200 would be extreme for you! It tells me to eat 1500 per day (I'm 250lbs) to lose 2lbs per week, but I have a friend who is 330lbs and it told her to eat 1900 per day to lose 3.5lbs per week...so your starting weight really affects it. You should check it out and see what it says. I find it very accurate. It re-adjusts every 10lbs you lose.