Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Stop the Insanity!

I promised myself I would always be honest on my blog.  This post is VERY hard for me to write because I was so flipping awful with my eating yesterday.

I did awesome throughout my day at work.  Just ate what I brought, I had a higher calorie lunch but we had planned on a lower calorie dinner so it would all equal out.  Yeah, the best laid plans and all that.  I even resisted the snack machine which has been very hard for me lately.

By the time I got home last night I was so starving and no wonder since I’ve been on calorie overload for the last week.  I did not want to eat my low calorie sea scallops anymore.  I was dreaming about roast beef subs and mozzarella sticks.  Marc got home and I told him my dilemma.  He suggested we cook the sea scallops and take them for lunch the next day and we could have turkey hot dogs which would be more satisfying to me.  Of course we had Crispy Crowns as well.  Which are delicious but I probably should have skipped them. 
While Marc was cooking dinner I ate 10z of tortilla chips.

Then I finished the bag, probably another 2oz of tortilla chips.

Then I ate one scallop.

Then I ate dinner.

Then Marc went out and bought ice cream. 

While he was out I ate 2 servings of Trader Joe’s Worlds Puffiest.

Then I ate an ENTIRE container of Ben & Jerry’s Everything But The ice cream. 
Oy to the vey.

I’m disgusted with myself.  I ate 1700 calories over my 1200.  PUKE.

The scale was down .9lbs so that just goes to show how crazy with the calories I have been the last few weeks. 

I need to stop the insanity.  I really truly do. 

We are trying a new recipe tonight from Hungry Girl, a quesadilla veggie burger which is a spin-off from Applebee’s Quesadilla burger.   We are also trying their baked onion rings recipe.  I think it will be good for us to try some new recipes.  We need to spice up our food that we cook at home and not eat the same boring things all the time. 

Today will be a better day.  I’ve already put in all my calories for today and I’m at 1272 for the day.  I’m okay with going a little over, just not 1700 calories over.  That is with no snack after dinner though and that is my toughest time of day, I am just going to have to be strong.

I can be strong.

Photobucket

5 comments:

Dawnya said...

Leslie,

Yesterday is gone...today is a new day. You will succeed today. You will be triumphant today. This is your day.

In regards to the after dinner snack. Pick something that will not require you to hate yourself. If after your snack you still want to eat something more, throw on your walking shoes and take a leisurely stroll around the block.

You will be fine.

Amanda Kiska said...

I know you've been struggling lately and I can't help but wonder if your expectations aren't too high. 1,200 calories is not very much. I'd say I eat closer to 1,400 on average - more on the weekends and less during the week. I wonder if you are ever planning to have treats? I mean if you allow yourself a serving of Ben & Jerry's every once in a while you will be less likely to binge on it. Also if you plan to have something and then realize you don't want it, I don't see any problem with changing your mind, even if it is more calories. If you'd gone ahead and had the roast beef sub and a couple of mozzarella sticks, you probably would have eaten far less calories than you ended up having.

Letting yourself get too hungry is also probably not a good idea. If you increase your calories a bit, you could have a cheese stick an hour before you get off work or something along that line so you're not starving when you get home from work.

I know we all tend to beat ourselves up for this kind of stuff, but I've noticed that it never works. Skinny people don't beat themselves up for overeating. If anything it probably makes the binge last longer because we tend to eat when we're stressed out and berating yourself about not following your food plan has got to be stressful.

So please forgive yourself! I eat tator tots from time to time. I just measure out a serving. They aren't that bad nutricionally.

Amy said...

I was going to suggest essentially the same thing as Amanda. She sure is smart. ;)

How about easing into 1200 calories? Eat 1600/day this week, 1400 day/next week and so on. I think you will still lose. That's the plus of weighing what we weigh. You can eat more and still lose!

It seems like you are good all day and then you are so hungry at night that everything just flies out the window. Maybe eating a little more all day will keep you from getting too hungry and then binging at the end of the day.

The good news is you are tracking. That's a huge step in the right direction. You can do this - just aim for baby steps. You don't need to run a marathon right out of the gate!

Chubby McGee said...

You CAN be strong...and you will be. We all have experiences like this. I love your honesty. I think there are bloggers out there who aren't open about when this stuff happens. And...it does happen. It's just ONE day. Tomorrow is another one. Get up. Dust yourself off.

One day at a time, baby. One day at a time. :)

MandaPanda said...

I agree with others..don't be too strict with the calorie count. I find changing up recipes at home helps a lot. I get so sick of chicken and veggies all the time. Makes me crave bad stuff.