Thursday, August 4, 2011

Just call me Graceful!


Yours truly fell this evening and this is what I got!  A fractured foot, a boot cast for at least six weeks and those cursed crutches.  UGH!  

I seriously can't believe it. I spent almost 4 hours in the ER this evening.  I can't go back to work until August 16th and I don't think I'm ever leaving my house because going up and down the stairs is pure torture.  

Luckily a very nice orthopedic doctor came to the ER to see me since he lived close by and he was awesome.  He gave me this boot cast and really made me feel like this would recover.  The ER doctor was talking surgery and months long recovery.  Orthopedic doctor said that I could need surgery but he doesn't foresee that as long as I heal properly.  

I have officially decided that I am DONE.  Nothing else can add to the drama of my life!

NO MORE!

Put a fork in me, I'm done.

20 comments:

Dawnya said...

Ahh...Leslie...I'm so sorry. Get better baby girl.

It is importan thtat you watch your food intake since you won't be active. Blog, blog, blog...if you feel a binge coming on. If you need my number e-mail me...You can call anytime.

~Lisa~ said...

(((hugggggssss)))) please feel better soon.. We are ALL here for YOU...

Cece said...

You know - my surgeon was a big fan of using light weights while seated ... his comment was that 'we' are all so geared to cardio that 'we' forget to just move any body part to get that metabolism going. Besides, I bet you would burn a ton of calories just using crutches !

banded bella said...

Aww Sugar..... there are no words.....stay sensable about your eating and move as much as your doctor will let ya.....oh and stay positive.

Andrea said...

I'm so sorry! Praying for you!

Red Riding Hood said...

Oh no!!! I hope you are feeling better really, really soon!! Sending healing hugs from over here xo

Anonymous said...

You poor thing! I am so sorry. Please take care.

Stephanie M. said...

Oh my gosh, how awful! I hope you heal quickly.

Julie said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry! I hope you can avoid having the surgery.

vickyd said...

Oh no! I hope you start feeling better very soon!! (((hugs)))

Fluffy said...

So sorry to see this Leslie! I wish you a speedy (and non-surgery) recovery.

Anonymous said...

Oh Leslie, I am so sorry. I truly feel your pain. Breaking my ankle put my lap band surgery back two months and I felt like my life was over. I honestly cried for days. But six weeks is just a short time, honest, and you will be right back on track. Try to keep your spirits up.
I will send out good wishes that no surgery will be needed.

Shannon said...

o no hun! get lots of rest then if you can't do anything. also make sure you do exactly what the doctor says so you recover quickly!

Rhonda said...

Poor Leslie! :( I hope you heal up well and don't have to have surgery.

Beth Ann said...

You have my number too. Feel free to use it at any time. This too will pass. Big hugs!

Elizabeth said...

Oh honey!!! I am so so so sorry! I had a screw in my foot cast to the knee for 4 weeks and boot for 6 more! It is the worst!! I would check with your doc and see if your insurance approves something like this. The way my foot was set (and the fact that I am clumbsy) my doc made me get one of these (a knee scooter) http://www.kneewalkercentral.com/. You will feel like a dork for awhile but it is so much easier than crutches!!! Oh and when you are a bit less sore go up the stairs backwards on your butt :) Again - I am SO SORRY!!! xxoo

http://insidevoutside.blogspot.com/

Elizabeth said...

and if you get upstairs you wont want to come back down so that is a diet in it self j/k :)

Andalasia said...

Get well soon!

Cat said...

Leslie, you poor dear. You will get through this and stronger because of it honey. I know Robyn (who posted above) in real life and she's not kidding about how miserable she was the first several days. I spoke to her daily on the phone and she was so upset. It was very hard on her. You will absolutely get through this and back on track dear.

On an unrelated note, I got my GoTein samples today! Cannot wait to try them. Thank you again dear!!

MandaPanda said...

So so sorry about your foot! That just sucks!