Saturday, August 6, 2011

Crutches = Satan

Hi Everyone, thought I would check in real quick.

My foot sucks, crutches suck and I'm just in a suckity suck suck mood.  

I'm trying to be upbeat but I hate not being able to do anything for myself.  Marc went to a family reunion for a few hours today and of course I try to do something for myself and stumble on my crutches and land on my hurt foot.  Ouch to say the least.

I know I don't go back to work for more than a week but I'm already terrified of how I will look and deal with crutches at work.  I'm not graceful at all on these things.  I'm just BLAH about this whole situation.  Plus the pain medicine isn't really doing much for the pain.  Ice has been my best friend the last two days.  I'm hoping when I go to the doctor on the 15th that he will say I can actually put weight on my foot or something.  The crutches are sucking the life out of me.  

My eating isn't awful so that's a good thing.  I'm just so pissed this happened.  It's very frustrating.

5 comments:

Cat said...

You are in my thoughts Leslie. While this seems like the whole world right now, it will be a distant memory soon enough. Keep your chin up dearie.

MandaPanda said...

Ugh! Hang in there sweetie! Take it easy this week...that will help with healing...try not to do too much for yourself. That's what Marc's there for!

Anonymous said...

Bummer! Maybe you could get one of these instead: http://rolleraid.com/ I've seen lots of people on them lately; I know I couldn't do crutches!

(This is Babbling Amy - logging in is not working on your blog!)

Andrea said...

Hope you're feeling better!

Jessica said...

Just wanted to POP in and say hi. You've been on my mind...I hope you are feeling a bit better!!! =)