
I am so excited today! I have officially lost 80.6lbs according to my scale this morning. Yayayayaya! I was not expecting a loss this morning after I ate ice cream for lunch yesterday and had a snack attack of honey roasted peanuts and almonds before bed last night...but I did and I'm going to take it and be happy!
I'm not feeling great today. I think I'm coming down with another sinus infection. The whole month of December I was sick, first with the sinus infection then with a cold and then with a second cold. I do not want to be sick next week on vacation so I called the doctor and have an appointment tomorrow. I have always had problems with the draining in my ears so they need to help me find something that works on a consistent basis!
I did some research into finding a personal trainer in my area to help get me motivated with an exercise routine...man is that expensive! I can't believe how expensive it is. One place was $65 a session! That is a whole lot. I did find one place that comes to your house and helps you develop a 30 minute routine that can be done from your house. I might request more information on how much that costs. Something like that could really work for me. I need to stay focused on my goals so I continue to be successful. I still have A LOT of weight to lose.
I'm frustrated because even though I have lost 80lbs which is a great accomplishment, I still have way more to lose. I mean if I want to get to 185lbs which is my dream weight, that is 143lbs I still have to lose! That is insane. It makes me feel so hopeless. I know I'm not going to wait to have kids until I reach 185lbs so it just makes me feel like I will never ever reach my ultimate goal....very very depressing. Does anyone out there have any suggestions? Especially those of you who have a lot of weight to lose like me?
I'm toying with the idea of setting a monthly weight loss goal and having a ticker for that each month to help me stay focused on my smaller goals. Maybe each month have a different treat for reaching it. Hmmm...something to think about for sure.
On a happy note....5 days until my vacation!!

6 comments:
You've lost 80 lbs!! That is amazing!!
I think looking at the "big" picture of total weight loss is just going to set you back. I like the idea of short term goals, that way you are always striving for something that is attainable.
Your going to do this! Is it possible to take 3-4 personal training sessions to get a feel for how the machines work and some personal exercises? Then you can work on those for a few months? It is expensive, but in the long run is it worth it? Will it help you get to your goal?
80 is AMAZING!!! Great job!!!
When I was getting started and had more than 100 lbs. to lose, it helped me to think that I would look and feel better with each pound. I tried not to worry about how far I had to go and just focus on how much better I felt. I bet that you feel that about your current weight already vs. where you were at to begin with.
I think the mini-goal tickers are a great idea!
You are doing such a great job!!! A mini goal would probably satisfy you more as you feel it is so daunting trying to lose another 140 lbs...baby steps!
Mini ticker all the way! Have fun on vacation!
~S
Wow! Losing 80 pounds is AMAZING. Truly amazing.
If you could see yourself from an outsider's perspective, you would see that you have done a ton of hard work and achieved so very much and of that you should be very proud.
Please try to see the mile markers along the way and see them as the huge accomplishments they are, rather than focusing on only the finish line!
I agree with Amanda. Do NOT worry about the ultimate goal weight. Focus on how much better you feel with each pound lost. You have done so great so far!
I highly recommend a personal trainer. I have been going twice a week now for about a month, and it is so great. The commitment to exercise is built in, since you've paid and you have someone waiting for your appointment, and working with someone else ensures you are doing things you would not otherwise do!
I do half hour sessions, which are awesome if you can find someone to do that. Cheaper (I pay $25 a session) and then I get on the elliptical for another 15 mins or so to make it a 45 min workout. It is totally worth investigating!
Keep going and be proud!
Just jumping on the "don't worry about the big goal" bandwagon. Important to remember that weight loss is a marathon, not a sprint. With every 10 lbs you lose, you're going to be feeling healthier and more energized. Each size you go donw, you'll feel more confident and self assured. You're doing great! Congrats on 80!
Post a Comment