During this pregnancy I have played a game with myself, "Fat or Pregnant?" I've become obsessed with how I look. Honestly, I don't think I have ever focused on how I have looked so much. I guess in my mind I saw pregnancy as the great equalizer, that when I was pregnant I would just be pregnant not overweight. Ha! That doesn't go away my friends, silly me.
I don't have a lot of photos of me during this pregnancy because I don't feel as though I have looked sufficiently pregnant. I know I'm being stupid and I know someday I will regret the lack of photos, especially if Violet wants to see photos of me while I was pregnant with her. I actually just scrolled through my pictures and I only have pictures from the gender reveal party and the baby shower! How did that happen? I don't even have any pictures of myself from Christmas!
I decided this week that I needed to get over that. So I searched the internet for some cute poses of maternity shots and found one I liked. Yesterday Marc helped me. It was actually really easy to do ourselves. I mean, they aren't fancy or anything but I'm happy.
It's really hard for me to post this picture, I don't know why. I even sent it to my Mom to make sure it wasn't awful. I'm so weird. My mom said I should have included my face BUT I wasn't thrilled with those ones, I like the focus being on the belly. And I have plenty of pictures of my face because when you are overweight cropping is your friend.
So here I am in all my pregnant glory.
When Violet is born, I'm going to have a photo taken of me holding her up against my belly with the ribbon and put these two pictures side by side. I think it will be cute.


8 comments:
It WILL be a cute before and after pic. It will!
I was obese when I was pregnant with my first son. I was terrified of pics of me. I ended up having three baby showers (my parents, my in-laws, and at work) so lots of pics were taken, BUUUUUUT I never took additional photos of me and my growing belly. TO THIS DAY, I regret it. I don't even care about the fact that I was heavier. I feel badly about the fact that I deprived my Jude of "belly pics."
With my second-born, I got over my shyness and had a "whatever" attitude. I have LOTS of belly pics for him.
I suggest you take more pics. You'll be taking them for Violet and no one else. It's a wonderful gift for her and you will look back and not regret it at all. :)
BEAUTIFUL picture!!!
Gorgeous pic! Take more take more take more!! I regret having almost none of my first two. :( How I wish I would've just gotten over it.
LOVE the pic and the idea of the pic after Violet's born.. how sweet!! Definitely take more, I took them a lot and love looking back on them now and chuckling that I was ever THAT pregnant!!
Love it!!
Love it!!
That is an AWESOME picture, being pregnant is the best time to savor and such a short time, never feel that you are fat or overweight because you aren't....you are pregnant with a wonderful gift. I am a Labor and Delivery nurse and I have seen many many many pregnant women and even the ones that thought they were overweight were and are beautiful. Please don't make yourself feel like you are fat during the best part of your life....the beginning of your daughter's life, as you will never get this chance again.
I love the picture idea for after the baby is born.
TAKE MORE PICTURES!!!!!
That will def be a cute before and after picture to compare!! Save the ones with you and your face, I am sure you have an expression of pure joy with this pregnancy! She will be here before you know it and then hopefully all of these emotions will go away and be replaced with her!
YOU ARE GORGEOUS! You ARE A MAMA!!! <3
Post a Comment