I've been crafting again! Well, not again really. I've been crafting pretty consistently while on bed rest. I just haven't posted any pictures in a bit.
I made these with inspiration from a craft I saw on pinterest. They didn't quite come out like the ones on pinterest because I used different fabric but I think they are cute.
Here are the ones from Pinterest.
I made Violet a cute little tutu for her newborn photos. I didn't make the tulle go all the way around so that it wouldn't bunch up underneath her while we are taking the photos. I also made the elastic longer so we can just pin it to her size. The tulle is a cream color but it looks a little more white in the photo.
A headband to match.
Here is another Pinterest inspired craft. A holder for her headbands and hairclips. I made all the clips. I love that you can just attach them to whatever headband. A lot of these are over the top and for photos and I have some supplies I ordered online for more everyday headbands. This was seriously easy to do. I painted the frame, hot glued the ribbon on the back and Marc put the hooks in for me. I could have done that myself but he offered so I took him up on it.
Here is the one I saw on Pinterest that inspired me.
Lastly I have some pacifier clips that I made. I have been looking to buy them and most stores want $7 or $8 bucks for them. I think that is RIDICULOUS. So I looked online and I looked in the stores and decided to whip them up myself. I bought cute little suspender/alligator clips and ribbon and on the end is a loop of elastic to attach the pacifier or even a toy. They were the easiest things ever and probably took me about a minute to make each one. I want to get some cute little embellishments for the alligator clip part, you can see on the teal one I added a flower. I think I'm going to make a few for gifts for people I know who are having baby soon plus the ones for Violet. I bet you this craft cost me less than $2 to make each and I think I'm overestimating at that.
Right now I have two projects going, a crochet bobble blanket for a family member who is pregnant and a rag rug for Violet's room. I'm hoping to finish both this week but we shall see.




4 comments:
Wow! You're really productive on bedrest. LOL. Too cute!
Cute ideas! In your case I wouldn't call it bedrest at all because your not resting, your nesting. So its bednest! Your daughter is very lucky! I have to make that bow holder for my little one! Thanks for the idea!
You are so talented! I love everything. And I adore Violet's room.
Oh my gosh! You are so stinkin crafty!!!! Cute ideas! I want them all!! Especially the first hanging things for Violet's room. And I love the grey color in her room!
Post a Comment